Getting python to work when building Krita from source on Linux?

Emmet O'Neill emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 03:45:31 UTC 2018

Hey all, I've been sort of struggling to get the python scripting stuff to
work when building Krita from sources on Linux (Ubuntu 17.10).

I grabbed all of the dependencies listed here (
https://community.kde.org/Krita/linuxbuild) as well as added the two extra
cmake arguments pertaining to python. I also went ahead and installed
sip-dev and pyqt5-dev from Ubuntu's apt repository, but cmake is still
shooting off warnings that it can't find SIP or PyQt. I'm sure there's
probably something simple I'm overlooking as I'm still pretty new to the
whole linux/cmake build process.

Anyone have any ideas or recommended cmake arguments? (Until now I've just
been copying and using ones that are based on David Revoy's "building Krita
for cats" guide, and just adding the python-specific ones from the KDE site
that I linked above.)

Thanks as always,
- Emmet