Adding and Place KDE/Krita Widgets to Qt Creator's UI Designer?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Apr 4 07:44:53 UTC 2018

On woensdag 4 april 2018 06:42:22 CEST Emmet O'Neill wrote:
> I'm trying to replace a basic Qt Slider widget with a KisSliderSpinBox
> (kis_slider_spin_box.h) using Qt Creator's (v4.5.2) GUI designer tool, but
> not only do the KDE/Krita-specific widgets not show up in the editor, when
> I "promote" a base Widget to a KisSliderSpinBox I don't seem to have access
> to any relevant KisSliderSpinBox properties. Should I be trying to promote
> from the basic Slider or SpinBox instead of Widget?
>
> Is there some way to import KisSliderSpinBox and other KDE/Krita widgets
> for use in Qt Creator/Designer? Or is this an issue with my Creator or Qt
> version? Should I be just editing the ui XML manually instead of using
> Designer?

No, it's quite possible, and there are examples in the code that do exactly
that. Basically, you place a common QWidget where you want the slider to be.
Then you promote that widget to the right kind of widget: right-click, promote
and fill in the blanks. An example is in wdglayerproperties.ui, for instance.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org