Next Gen CI Will Be Moving to Production Shortly: Upcoming Changes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue May 16 10:49:18 UTC 2017

On Tue, 16 May 2017, Ben Cooksley wrote:

> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The only trouble for Krita will be Windows builds, but it is not a
> > regression, so we can proceed with the move.
>
> *Nod*. We haven't had Windows CI at all up until now.
>

> > For Windows we have the following problems:
> >
> > 1) Krita needs MinGW for compiling on Windows
>
> How hard a requirement is this? From what I understand it's related to
> the G'Mic code correct?

And Vc -- that also doesn't build correctly with msvc.

> I guess the first question is: have you tried to upstream these? In
> general we don't want to patch stuff at all on the CI as it creates
> maintenance burden. (Patching of KDE software is completely out of the
> question for obvious reasons)

Part of these patches are also in craft -- adding cmake build systems
to libraries, for instance. The Qt patches aren't relevant for Qt > 5.7,
iirc. We also patch frameworks, actually, for things like localization
problems and the location of config files. But that's not important
for CI.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org