Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 07:28:43 UTC 2017

On 16.03.2017 13:32, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We really need to define a new release schedule for the next stable release and for the development release. And for the next fund-raiser. May is usually the best month, but I don't see how we can prepare for a fund raiser in a month and a half :-( We also should have 4.0 alpha out when the fund raiser starts!
>

>   For the stable release, we've got two options:
>
>   * release the 3.1 branch
>   * branch master into 3.2 and release 3.2.0
I guess we should use 3.1 for stable. I tried to use master for a couple
of sketches and bugs testing and I saw quite a few really serious bugs,
like tablet not working (I have no idea why) and incorrect saving.

> For the development release, we need to merge the svg and scripting branches to master.
I still need some time to fix the reported bugs in vectors. I guess I
need 1-2 days more for that. Wolthera and other painters seem to be
really productive in testing and catching bugs :) One day of public
testing found issues for three weeks of my work :)

> We're not going to make it to release at the end of this month anymore. April should be doable, I think? We do need to put in some solid bug fixing whichever stable release target we choose, though!
 From my side the schedule looks fine. I hope by 27th all the vector
stuff will have already been finished :)

Btw, probably, we should start the fundraiser in mid-August? I don't
know how it works in the other countries, but in Russia, most of the
people are on holidays. And quite a lot of people get back home only in
the end of August...

--
Dmitry Kazakov