Need help with testing asynchronous saving branch! :)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jul 28 20:13:11 UTC 2017

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017, Alvin Wong wrote:

> Hi Dmitry,
>
> I've tested it for a short while on Windows with the python branch
> merged in (so using Qt 5.9.1) with multiple files opened and the
> autosave seems to work nicely, saving works, no crashes or lockups.
>
> It's not a lot of in-depth testing but my impression is pretty good!
>
> One thing I noticed is that the autosaved file contains
> `mergedimage.png` and `preview.png`. Autosaves on 3.2 beta 2 seems to
> only saves `preview.png` (and I seem to remember earlier versions
> (probably during the 3.0 times) not even having `preview.png`). Would
> it cause undesirable overhead during autosaving or is it intended?

I'm not sure whether this was intentinally changed, but the reason we
didn't add the mergedimage to autosave files is that it's the most
costly part of saving. But if saving happens in the background anyway...
Then that's not relevant anymore :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org