Need help with testing asynchronous saving branch! :)

Alvin Wong alvinhochun+krita at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:53:17 UTC 2017

Hi Dmitry,

I've tested it for a short while on Windows with the python branch
merged in (so using Qt 5.9.1) with multiple files opened and the
autosave seems to work nicely, saving works, no crashes or lockups.

It's not a lot of in-depth testing but my impression is pretty good!

One thing I noticed is that the autosaved file contains
`mergedimage.png` and `preview.png`. Autosaves on 3.2 beta 2 seems to
only saves `preview.png` (and I seem to remember earlier versions
(probably during the 3.0 times) not even having `preview.png`). Would
it cause undesirable overhead during autosaving or is it intended?

Best Regards,

Alvin Wong