Updating the vision

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Aug 12 09:24:49 UTC 2017

I think it's getting a bit too wordy, though -- and a bit imprecise.

> > > Krita is Free Software for sketching and painting, made for artists with
> > > demanding needs. It offers a complete solution for creating digital art from
> > > scratch. To this end, it's optimized for frequent, prolonged and focused
> > > use.

"Free Software" vs  "a free and open source program" -- the reason I put program
in here is that to be precise: we're not making software that can be used from other
application, but an application itself.

> > > Explicitly supported fields are illustrations, concept art, matte painting,
> > > textures, comics and animations.
> > >
> > > Krita is freely available on several platforms and developed in the open.
> > > Artists can get and are involved, making sure it is continually enhanced
> > > regarding actual needs and workflows.
> > > "

That duplicates free again: developed in the open belongs in the what, but that's
already part of free software/free and open source program, too. I'd also put the
cross-platform in the 'what' paragraph. The last paragraph should tell people
why we think they should choose it.

What:

Krita is a free and open source cross-platform application that offers an
end-to-end solution for creating digital art from scratch. Krita is optimized
for or frequent, prolonged and focused use.

For whom:

Explicitly supported fields are illustrations, concept art, matte painting,
textures, comics and animations.

What is the value:

Working together with artist, Krita is an application that supports
their actual needs and workflow.

I'm wondering, given all the work we're doing on psd integration and
svg integration: should we mention interoperability and open standards
here? Something like:

What is the value:

Developed together with artists, Krita is an application that supports
their actual needs and workflow. Krita supports open standards and
interoperates with other applications.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org