CSV format import-export

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 4 13:56:45 UTC 2016

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> Hi, Laszlo!
>
>       - for bigger scenes, it takes a long time to load or save the animation with this format (the plugin loads or saves a bunch of png files). So I want to show the status with
>       the progress bar at the bottom of the main window. What is the correct way to do it? It seems the png importer also using this same bar, so maybe I have to supress that
>       while showing mine.
>
>       - during these long import/export operations, the gui stops working. Is it a co-operative multitasking thing? What can I do to make it more user friendly? Is there a
>       callback or something?
>

> As far as I know, in the import/export plugins we don't have any progress reporting framework (Boud will correct me if I'm wrong), though it might be a good idea to have one.

There actually is one, you can set an updater using KisImportExportFilter::setUpdater and report progress with the sigProgress(int percent); whether that actually works is another thing. Adding progress reporting to our import/export plugins has been a todo since we moved away from the built-in ImageMagick filters, I think!

But the proper thing to do is emit that signal from the filter and then let me worry about how whether the progress bar is shown.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org