CSV format import-export

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:34:07 UTC 2016

Hi, Laszlo!

- for bigger scenes, it takes a long time to load or save the animation
> with this format (the plugin loads or saves a bunch of png files). So I
> want to show the status with the progress bar at the bottom of the main
> window. What is the correct way to do it? It seems the png importer also
> using this same bar, so maybe I have to supress that while showing mine.
>
> - during these long import/export operations, the gui stops working. Is it
> a co-operative multitasking thing? What can I do to make it more user
> friendly? Is there a callback or something?

As far as I know, in the import/export plugins we don't have any progress
reporting framework (Boud will correct me if I'm wrong), though it might be
a good idea to have one. I guess you can try to implement one. The entry
point to access a progress bar in the bottom is:
KisViewManager::createProgressUpdater(). The saving itself happens in
KisDocument. It uses d->filterManager->exportDocument() to save the
documents. You can add some signal to the export filter and bind it to the
document's signal. The KisViewManager can connect to this signal on
switching views and show the progress to the user.

Actually because of this reason in "Export Animation" action we use a
"hackish" approach to show a separate dialog with a progress bar. We just
don't use export plugins at all, but this is wrong, of course.

--
Dmitry Kazakov