3.0.1, 3.1 release schedule and contents

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 24 08:06:38 UTC 2016

In order to not clash with the regular KDE releases and overburdening
translators, we decided on irc to release mid-month. For 3.0.1 that means:

July 3rd: last chance to merge stuff to 3.0
July 9th: tagging and begin of release building
July 15th: release of 3.0.1

Like we did with 2.9, I want 3.0.1 to have both bug fixes and new features.

The new features that I think we might ship are:

* fuzzy strokes
* soft proofing (contingent on testing results by Raghukamath)
* rendering animations to video (needs me finishing that refactoring)
* share selection settings across all selection tools

For 3.0.1 I will need to make new patched Qt builds for Windows, which is why
I reserved a whole week for making packages. I also need to find time to
integrate Alvin's nsis patches into the build process to make installers.

For the rest, I do not intend to bump any dependencies to new versions.

For 3.0.0, we still do not have an official source tarbal and translation
tarballs. For 3.0.1, it would be good to have them! It would be even better
if we could refactor the release scripts to make the translations part of
the source tarball, as currently happens with the KF5 releases.

After the 3.0.1 release, I want to spend some time setting up alpha builds
for 3.1 -- or maybe rather, dev builds. That will needs updating of all
deps that have a new version, which means setting up new build trees
on Linux, Windows and OSX.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org