Proposal for the Krita Phabricator relayout

Wolthera griffinvalley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:47:58 UTC 2016

I had sent boud the following:

Current boards:
===========

Krita: Stable - Was intended to be the general bug board for stable, but
ended up being the place where the website/manual bugs were kept.

Krita: Next - Everything relevant to do future feature development,
contains:

* Stretchgoals
* Regressions
* Dev-specific worklists.

Krita: Animation - Was supossed to be the project for animation, but I
think nearly everyone forgot about it by now.

Krita: Dmitry's Workboard - Limited amount of tasks that dmitry should
bother with. His kingdom, imho.

Krita: Bugs-Sprint - Currently where our 3.0 stable bugs are...

Krita: Websites - Where we keep the website stuff.

So we need:
=========

* Website (and website translation)
* Manual/training/education
* Feature development
* Method for dealing with regressions during feature making(maybe already
make a 3.1 bugs sprint???)
* Dmitry's workboard -> maybe make this a subboard of feature dev... we can.
* Stable bugs... make a milestone under Krita main project.

suggestion: Rename Krita Next, then move over the tasks.

My main issue with the proposal on community is that I have noticed that if
we are in feature freeze, we do not wish to see any feature-tasks on the
board, so my suggestion is to make a 3.1 bugs board as soon as possible,
and only put regression-bugs on there, while having a Krita: Next board for
features and work-progress.

It especially gets confusing because we have new contributors come in all
the time, and we need to keep a place for our kickstarter stretchgoal list
that shouldn't change.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This subproject should be renamed to "website content" because as far as I
>> have understood it will also include tasks for the website maintainer on
>> pages in English.
>>
> Thank you! Fixed!
>
> --
> Dmitry Kazakov