krita causes video driver crash

Fazekas László mneko at freemail.hu
Wed Jul 6 07:44:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to use krita3-testing from Dmitry's ppa on a machine with the
following parameters:

Ubuntu 16.04 64bits,
Intel dual core 2GHz cpu,
Intel 82945 built-in gpu.
Gnome flashback with Compiz, 1920x1080, one display.

On the computer everything works fine, but when I'm using Krita, the
whole screen becomes full of flashing colorful noise sometimes. I'm not
using OpenGL, that option is even grayed out in Krita.

This happens usually when I close a dialog window (file dialog,
preferences etc.), or when I close a document.

Has anyone experience with this bug? Is it a Krita thing or something
with the xorg driver? Or QT? Or just the weather is too hot here?

Fazek