[krita/video-export-rebased] libs/ui: Save to a temporary file, then copy the result over on success (fwd)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 16 16:31:24 UTC 2016

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016, Jonathan Olsson wrote:

> Agreed, though not a developer here, don't delete my file from disk before
> a new one is saved. I prefer a message that tells me I'm out if disk space
> so I can clean up or select another location.

We have had a lot of user reports about corrupted files that I could not
understand at all -- because I thought we were already doing the temporary
file thing. I am wondering whether the temp dir is the right place, and
shouldn't do this dance in the same folder as the file itself, but in the
meantime, Alvin came up with https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qsavefile.html, which
also needs investigating.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org