boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 7 14:39:09 UTC 2016
A short overview of how we tried to release the first alpha:
Cyrille: makes tarball and language tars
Dmitry: makes translation tarball for windows, osx and appimage, with mo files made from the po's and updates the lime repo
Boud: makes the release announcement and the OSX DMG and AppImage
Smjert: makes the windows build and zip
Windragon: makes the windows msi
What went wrong:
* Boud planned Sunday afternoon for doing the release announcement: that was not smart, Sunday afternoon is for sleeping
* The language tarballs rely on KDE4 cmake stuff, which is no longer around
* the appimage script was broken: I first tried to update to Qt 5.6, then went back to Qt 5.5 only to find that AppImageKit doesn't seem to build on CentOS anymore.
* We should plan more time: tag on Sunday, release on Thursday.
* Dmitry and Cyrilel should sit together to update the scripts to release the translations. Maybe we should release the translations in one tarball?
* Boud should look into using the proper docker/travis based way for generating appimages
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org
More information about the kimageshop