[calligra/krita-chili-kazakov] krita: [FEATURE] Implemented Pass-through mode for Group Layers!

Wolthera griffinvalley at gmail.com
Wed May 13 17:08:39 UTC 2015

Similar issues here. The only time I can get pass-through to work is if I
have an empty layer, then set it to pass-through, and only then start
making layers inside.

However, any time I have a group with layers in them, and I activate
pass-through afterwards, I can't get it to work, and it results in
'ghost-data' being stuck in the layergroup.(toggling layer visibility can
lead to nothing happening).

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Timothée Giet <animtim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Dmitry,
>
> So I made some little tests with the pass-through, see the attached file
> that has a main group, a nested group with alpha disabled, and a vector
> layer with alpha disabled in it, and some layers with brushstrokes.
>
> -As-is without any pass-through, everything works as it should.
>
> -If I enable pass-through on the nested group layer (layer 5), it negates
> the effect of alpha disabled on it, but I think that's to be expected and
> logical, not a problem. But: if I move the content from layer 7 or layer 8
> (a paint layer and a vector layer both with alpha disabled), there's ghost
> of the previous position. Also if I move the content of layer 6 which is
> not alpha-disabled, only the part above the black/blue part below stay as
> "ghost".
>
> -If I enable pass-through on the main group (layer 3), it also neglects
> the alpha-disabled of the nested group inside, and that is not good / a bug.
>

> Still, good start! I hope you can fix those issues.
>
> Cheers
> Timo.
>

> Le 13/05/2015 13:38, Dmitry Kazakov a écrit :
>
>> Git commit c958035b73f5ddf36789340ca5dc4ed39808352b by Dmitry Kazakov.
>> Committed on 13/05/2015 at 10:37.
>> Pushed by dkazakov into branch 'krita-chili-kazakov'.
>>
>> [FEATURE] Implemented Pass-through mode for Group Layers!
>>
>> Now just press an icon in the layer box and you'll get photoshop-like
>> behavior of the group, that is the children layers will be merged as if
>> they were not in the group.
>>
>> Still TODO:
>>
>> 1) Create a proper icon for the layer properties item
>> 2) Implement loading/saving layers into Photoshop's PSD
>> 3) Test, test and test! :)

Wolthera