Gamma-corrected blending in Qt5

Rafael Navega rafanavega at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:22:00 UTC 2015

Hello.
I'd appreciate votes and watches on this feature request, to bring this feature to the Qt low-level pixel processing code:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-45209

Krita, Photoshop and other professional packages offer some form of gamma-corrected blending, it makes all sense to have this implemented in the Qt painting system as well so developers don't have to look for external solutions. I wonder what's the way that Krita implemented this.
An alternative is to not use the painting functionality in Qt at all, and resort to OpenGL and Direct3D to perform these corrections.

PS: The "Developers" page of the Krita website could add this to the "Resources" section: http://www.ics.com/designpatterns/book/index.html
It's a full book in HTML format. I've learned a lot from it.

Regards.