No pressure with gfxtablet in Krita

Björn Sonnenschein green at unitybox.de
Fri Mar 28 14:43:29 UTC 2014

Hi!

Unfortunately the changes do not fix that issue for me. I wasn´t able to
get through Krita´s tablet support code quickly, just got that it seems
to check the devices for their type and name to determine whether it is
a tablet or not. Could that be the problem?  As far as I know, GFXTablet
uses Uinput and just registers with the name "Network Tablet" without
further specifications and also as BUS_VIRTUAL bustype, so the only way
how an application might detect it as a tablet would be either by
recognizing the existence of a pressure axis or specifically by the it´s
name.
https://github.com/rfc2822/GfxTablet/blob/master/driver-uinput/networktablet.c