learn krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 14 09:27:13 UTC 2014

On Friday 14 March 2014 Mar 10:40:20 julasana krupan wrote:
> sir i completed all installation 100% for build krita on ubuntu 13.10..and
> at the end of all processes i got error at run of krita..i attache snapshot
> of error massage and got bellow massage pls give some help regarding this
> error..and pls give some instruction regarding my mistakes..
>
> error massage which i got at run krita from terminal:-
>
> Essential application components could not be found.
>
> This might be an installation issue.
> Try restarting, running kbuildsycoca4.exe or reinstalling.
>
> also find attachement of error shapshot sir..

When building Krita take care to follow the instructions in

http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building/Building_Calligra

or (easier)

http://www.davidrevoy.com/article193/building-krita-on-linux-for-cats

exactly. I see two problems: you haven't got the oxygen icon theme installed and you either haven't run kbuildsycoca (as per the error message), or you have, but haven't set up the paths to the built version correctly as per http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building/Building_Calligra#Running_Calligra_Applications