Some input about current Krita Windows build

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 08:23:26 UTC 2013

> *(Animtim) (by the way, I'm really missing the option to see only presets
>>> from selected engine here as it was before, I filed a bug about this some
>>> time ago).
>>> *
>>
>> *(Deevad)** Restricting presets by active brush engine on this carousel
>> selector would make a lot of sens. For your and my usage.
>> *
>>
> *(Slangkamp) At some point the restriction to only the the active brush
> was removed from all preset widgets, not sure why though.*

xD I was the culprit asking for breaking the restriction back in 2010 I
think. At this time, it was restricted by engine in _all_ brush preset
dialog. A 'Show All' checkbox existed on the "brush preset docker". I asked
for checking 'Show All' as default at startup, because I pressed this each
restart , and so for productive reason. But I agree the 'caroussel/slider'
brush preset selector embedded into the brush-editor would act better if
showing only brush from the 'engine' selected.

So, does a breakdown action by action of a brush-editing could be
summarized to this ? :

   1. select engine
   2. panel propose existing brush-preset ( engine related )
   3. pick an existing brush-preset or reset one to default
   4. tweak options
   5. edit thumbnails or paint a test in the test zone
   6. edit name or rename
   7. save or overwrite