Joining Krita Development

shashwat.pant at gmail.com shashwat.pant at gmail.com
Sun May 12 09:08:48 UTC 2013

On Saturday 11 May 2013 1:11:55 PM Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Saturday 11 May 2013 May 10:40:02 Shashwat Pant wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

> Not for gsoc 2014... But for 2013 the submissions have been closed and the
> slots allocated to the orgs by Google.
>
> But that's not that big a problem, since...

Thats a bummer for me. Anyway I'll still digg Krita regularly.

I have installed Kubuntu 13.04 as of now, initially was planning to deploy
Arch but since my net is not 100% up, Kubuntu should do. Infact its pretty
stable and work well.

> We can do that outside gsoc as well, either formally through Season of KDE,
> or just like with everyone else who starts on Krita, informally :-)

Have no idea of Season of KDE but anyway my main aim is to learn and
contribute. So I'll get started asap.

> The best way would be to
>
> a) build and run krita from git master
> b1) play and paint for a bit, note what you think can be improved
> or
> b2) check bugs.kde.org for wishes/bug reports against krita and pick one
> that looks likely c) start hacking, discussing your work and progress
> frequently on irc so we can help you.

I'll build Krita from source in a few days. Will ping you "guys" incase of an
issue.

BTW can you point me to relevant source and reading material for building
Krita and getting started with QT. It'd be great if you can do that.

> Please make sure to discuss things on #krita, instead of in private queries,
> and on this mailing list. That way everyone can help you instead of just
> one developer.

Sure and thanks for all the help.

Looking forward to working with you guys asap.

Thanks and Best Regards
Shashwat