vfx features for Krita

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:22:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, Sven Langkamp wrote:
>
>  On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>
>> wrote:
>>       On Friday 29 March 2013 Mar 03:24:04 Sven Langkamp wrote:
>>       > I think in there short term we could go with a file that stores
>> the
>>       > shortcuts. I can't reproduce the problems with the disappearing
>> shortcuts,
>>       > so I don't know if that is a Krita or xmlgui problem.
>>       > For a clean fix we likely need to do our own shortcut system as
>> we need to
>>       > integrate the input manager shortcuts at some point.
>>
>> We actually sort of do that, already. By default, KDE stores changed
>> shortcuts in the .kde/share/apps/kritarc file. This file is
>> superceded whenever we bump the version of the kritarc file in krita, for
>> instance when adding a new action. Then all shortcuts
>> will be forgotten. So we now save the shortcuts to
>> .kde/share/config/krita.rc, and load those.
>>

>> It's the other way around we save to .kde/share/apps/kritarc and KDE
>> saves to .kde/share/apps/krita/**krita.rc (at least on my system).
>> Saving to the kritarc is a problem of it's own. It works with one view,
>> but when you have two views you can regularly see that the
>> shortcuts save in the kritarc are lost. It only works because it can fall
>> back to the KDE system.
>>

> No, we really save to the .kde/share/config/kritarc config file, in the
> krita/shortcuts key. I added that because the .kde/share/apps/krita.rc file
> often broke. (And isn't it silly to have two files with nearly identical
> names, both with a suffix that's a reminder of CTSS runcommand
> files from the sixties.... And both don't do what those files did.)

Yeah, that's what I was saying above, got a bit confused there. I meant
.kde/share/config/kritarc instead of .kde/share/apps/kritarc. Anyway the rc
file without the dot (aka our main configuration file) also reset all the
time when you have two views and the it will fall back to the rc file with
the dot. So both systems are broken, just in different cases.