vfx features for Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 29 15:14:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
>       On Friday 29 March 2013 Mar 03:24:04 Sven Langkamp wrote:
>       > I think in there short term we could go with a file that stores the
>       > shortcuts. I can't reproduce the problems with the disappearing shortcuts,
>       > so I don't know if that is a Krita or xmlgui problem.
>       > For a clean fix we likely need to do our own shortcut system as we need to
>       > integrate the input manager shortcuts at some point.
>
> We actually sort of do that, already. By default, KDE stores changed shortcuts in the .kde/share/apps/kritarc file. This file is
> superceded whenever we bump the version of the kritarc file in krita, for instance when adding a new action. Then all shortcuts
> will be forgotten. So we now save the shortcuts to .kde/share/config/krita.rc, and load those.
>

> It's the other way around we save to .kde/share/apps/kritarc and KDE saves to .kde/share/apps/krita/krita.rc (at least on my system).
> Saving to the kritarc is a problem of it's own. It works with one view, but when you have two views you can regularly see that the
> shortcuts save in the kritarc are lost. It only works because it can fall back to the KDE system.

No, we really save to the .kde/share/config/kritarc config file, in the
krita/shortcuts key. I added that because the .kde/share/apps/krita.rc
file often broke. (And isn't it silly to have two files with nearly
identical names, both with a suffix that's a reminder of CTSS runcommand
files from the sixties.... And both don't do what those files did.)

>       However, we do that on view creation and destruction, and that might be a problem. Ideally, it should be done on creating
>       the first view and destroying the last view, in the current system, or on app startup/shutdown in the new system I'm
>       working on in the calligra-kopluginloader-rempt branch.
>

> I think it should be read on view creation and written when shortcuts have been changed. We also need to save to a separate file,
> because the kritarc file might break.

Yes, I agree with that.

Boud