Some feedback about Krita from painters working with textures

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 29 19:25:54 UTC 2013

On Monday 29 July 2013 Jul 22:58:25 Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As you might already know last week I was showing Krita to the painters
> creating computer games for social networks and mobile devices. My primary
> goal was to see what they need in their work, which is primarily creation
> of textures. Here I'd like to show you the list of notes I did during this
> talk:

<...>

A really interesting set of feature requests :-) All of them make sense, and quite a few would be fun to develop, too! Is there a volunteer to add them to bugzilla?

> Speaking about Wrap Around mode, if we declare that it is available on an
> openGL canvas only (no support in QPainter canvas), I think I will be able
> to implement it in a week.

That would be okay with me -- as we've discussed before, I think we should work towards retiring the qpainter canvas -- but there's still work on the opengl canvas to be done for that.