Feedback about Krita (linux) from a painter

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 08:46:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 1:19 AM, JL VT <pentalis at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about redrawing the last scratch of the scratchpad with the new
> slider property?, this way the artist can control what he wants to see, and
> we don't have to invent a stroke that allows proper visualization of every
> possible permutation of properties.

The idea with redrawing the last stroke is really nice, I think! This way
the user might test not only pressure, but also rotation and other sensors.

Although the thing which we redraw should be not simply "the last stroke",
because the person might want to compare two strokes with different
configurations side by side. Or he might want to compare two "sets of
strokes" side by side.

Photoshop has quite an interesting feature in its Filter Dialog. Pressing a
special button temporarily undo's the effect of the last group of changes
in the filter. Releasing this button applies the changes back. This feature
is quite convenient when one wants to see what changes the last action
introduced. We might develop this idea further somehow.

Btw, given that the scratchpad now works with the strokes system and
supports zooming, many problems which arose during that sprint might have
already gone. Firstly, there will be no hangup because the painting runs in
a separate thread, and secondly, the recording is very easy to implement
with the strokes system.

--
Dmitry Kazakov