Feedback about Krita (linux) from a painter

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 16:44:35 UTC 2013

> I guess most users don't know what effect does each sliders, or how they
>> affect brush result.
>> An auto preview system does improve experimenting for sure.
>>

> But it's really difficult to do right because it's practically impossible
> to show the effect of all sensors on the stroke. Photoshop only shows
> pressure, as far as I remember, and that gives a very misleading effect.
> I'm not convinced that it's not better to let the user use the scratchpad
> to see the effect for themselves.

Well, the exact phrase was: "why the hell I have to scratch something at
the right when changing every single slider?" And yes, the girl was seeing
Krita the first time and she couldn't tell which slider is responsible for
any particular effect. Of course there are several difficulties with
implementing it. Yes, it is quite difficult to invent something to show
stylus rotation or something. But I guess that in 80% of the cases the user
will use Pressure sensor only. So this small preview will help the user for
majority of the usecases. And in the rest 20% he will just use the
scratchpad and paint himself.

--
Dmitry Kazakov