R: New sketch installer (0.9.33.0)

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 23 17:16:47 UTC 2012

Hi Boud,

I have just installed Krita Sketch (0.9.33) on two new Windows Machines (I never tested Krita on them so far)
Both with an Intel CPU ;-)

I have chosen them  because they have no Anti-Virus installed; therefore they should be faster :-)

As usual, I have NOT rebooted my computer (after the installation).

1)
DESKTOP - DELL OPTIPLEX 780
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - 32 BIT (Service Pack 1 - build 7601)
INTEL(R) CORE(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHZ
RAM 4,00 GB

KRITA SKETCH is installed on:
"C:\Program Files\KritaSketch\"

2)
NETBOOK - EMACHINES SYSTEM
Microsoft Windows XP HOME EDITION (SERVICE PACK 3)
INTEL(R) ATOM(TM) CPU N450 @ 1,66 GHZ
RAM 0,99 GB

Krita Sketch is installed on:
C:\Programmi\KritaSketch\

On both these Pc, I can open whatever jpg image I choose (I have tried many of them).

Unfortunately, *MANY* brush presets crash Krita Sketch as soon as you select them.
This occurs No matter what jpg you use as "background" or even if you select a blank image (A4 etc).

I have not tried all Brush presets but, for instance, these presets below *always* crash Krita Sketch on both computers aforementioned:
- basic erase: crash
- block paint tilt: crash
- hatch diag fat: crash
- hatch diag S: crash
- pencil chalk: crash
- pencil draw shade: crash
- and so on and so forth :-(

I suppose you are already aware of these problems (presets  > crash) :-)

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso