New implementation of an Experimental Brush

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 15:25:11 UTC 2012

Hi!

As many of you know from IRC, I've been working on the experimental brush
for a couple of days. And now it is ready for testing!

What have changed:
1) It became much-much-much faster! You can paint with it on really big
images and it'll still be responsive.
2) Smoothing is now configurable
3) Speed option now generates much smoother results. Now it feels more like
painting in Alchemy.
4) I decided to drop the support of 'Displacement' option, because it is
not so trivial to implement it in efficient (and responsive) way. But if
the artists think they really need this option I can spend some more time
on doing this.
5) Mirroring buttons work as well

So, if you are interested in testing this brush, just checkout
'krita-new-move-tool-kazakov' branch and have fun! All the comments and bug
reports are welcome!

--
Dmitry Kazakov