Updated Proposal for Canvas Interaction

Bugsbane user581 at xymail.info
Wed May 30 14:25:17 UTC 2012

I just read through it, and overall it looks very good. One thing that wasn't
clear to me was whether this proposal would retain being able to pan and
zoom just with the middle mouse button and dragging as we have now? I say
"middle mouse button" although, personally I actually use the MMB on my
tablet pen, and the slider on my tablet which triggers the same signal as
the scroll wheel on a mouse. Being able to quickly pan and zoom using just
the pen and tablet, and without having to constantly find and click on
widgets is probably the most important part of my workflow after painting
itself, as it's something I do constantly.

Having actions like pan, rotate and zoom available any time, while using any
tool, however would be absolute bliss, so I absolutely endorse the idea of
universal actions.