Proposal: Canvas Interaction Enhancements

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed May 16 21:34:57 UTC 2012

2012/5/16 Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>

> On Tuesday 15 May 2012 May, Arjen Hiemstra wrote:
> > > My notes:
> > > 1. Some interactions with canvas, especially rotation needs reset
> option.
> > >     I would see this in Modifier + Mouse way, maybe Shift + Right
> Mouse?
> >
> > I would personally keep this to keyboard shortcuts and - in the case of
> > rotation at least - maybe in the popup that can show up. For rotation,
> having
> > it snap to certain angles is probably also something that would not be
> too
> > hard to implement.
> >

> The current big issue users report with the ctrl [ and ] shortcuts for
> rotation is exactly the fixed steps -- that, and no easy reset.

I'm also one of the users who prefer the fixed steps for rotating, much
faster and more precise in my taste… and then reset is not a problem.

But of course I don't use the insane ctrl [ and ] shortcuts, I've mapped
those to 4 and 6 keys, to map it more easily on Qjoypad
( BTW ctrl [ and ] is crazy to press on an azerty keyboard, it makes 3
keys: ctrl+Alt gr+ 5 and ° )