Proposal: Canvas Interaction Enhancements

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Tue May 15 13:49:07 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 15 May 2012, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> * Ideally, we'd be able to completely get rid of the zoom and pan tool --
> the color picker tool has an extra information panel and settings like the
> radius, but maybe we can put the information in the overview panel. I'm
> not sure artists actually use the radius to sample the average color?
Right now, color picking works like this: "color is selected on click release"

Here is a suggestion. which would remove the need for radius to sample and
might make it more usefull for artists: the user press and hold the mouse
button, then the colour get continuously mixed with the colour on the canvas,
until the user release the mouse.

So basically, as long as the user click and release, it is the same behaviour
as now. But if he wants some kind of radius to sample, he just have to keep
the button down and move his mouse pointer.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott