Proposal: Canvas Interaction Enhancements

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue May 15 08:02:42 UTC 2012

On Monday 14 May 2012 May, Arjen Hiemstra wrote:

<...>

My notes:

* not sure that tool invocation (paint) is canvas interaction

* not just the shortcuts need to be configurable, but also the mouse key and modifier, of course.

* for zooming, there are also different ways of zooming: like selecting a rectangle to zoom to, zooming to the selection, zooming by click-dragging (as in mypaint). This isn't just adding different shortcuts for zooming, but different operation modes.

* Ideally, we'd be able to completely get rid of the zoom and pan tool -- the color picker tool has an extra information panel and settings like the radius, but maybe we can put the information in the overview panel. I'm not sure artists actually use the radius to sample the average color?

* I agree about the implementation level: we want these actions to be captured before events reach the tools