HDR, color management, krita, luts and other apps

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 7 13:36:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Simon Legrand wrote:

> Hi guys. Ouch, 3 days on set and I come back to a BIG thread. :) It's exciting to see the developments taking shape!
> I hope I didn't kick open a can of worms by bringing up the colour space sliders. Right now, Krita seems to be doing its job just fine, I was just thinking of exposing the slider from the preference menu to a dockable tool.
> However if you all view this as a needed opportunity to do more work on Krita's colour management then great! :)

Cans of worms are our bread and butter -- or something like that :-) Sven
and I both initially did just what you suggested -- but then there turned
out to be a good opportunity for making everything just a bit better. I'm
at the moment integration OpenColorIO with Krita's gui, the canvas part is
next.

> I have forwarded Boudewijn's initial email to all the relevant people in DD London (Comp, Texture, Matte painters, ect...) I've asked them to read through it and let me know if they spotted anything or wanted to expand on any point.
>
> I'll report back if any of them come up with useful information.

Oh, cool, looking forward to that very much!

Boudewijn Rempt.