Krita demo at Digital Domain London was a success.

Simon Legrand legrand.simon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:31:45 UTC 2012

To expand on that.

The job of a VFX supe is as follows:

-Budgets for the shot = X.

-Artist budgeted for 10 weeks on shot.

-Artist gets it right on the first week.

-Supe gets artist to do 9 more different versions for the remaining 9 weeks
on the of-chance the artist might come up with something better.

-10 weeks are up. First version was better and gets approved.

-Artist jumps out the tenth floor window and makes bloody mess on pavement.

-Artist picks himself off the pavement and goes back to work the next day a
little more dead inside than 10 weeks and 1 day before.

:) YAY for the Hollywood machine!

--
Simon Legrand
http://slegrand.blogspot.com/