"lut" docker

Simon Legrand legrand.simon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:07:07 UTC 2012

Yes LUTs are strange creatures. (It stands for Look Up Table). Basically
most studios up until now had their own LUTs, for different reasons (artist
monitor brands, dailies room projectors, ect....)
Things in this realm can VERY complex mainly because most studios have
designed their colour pipelines internally. But generally it's safe to say
that the ability to shift the viewing LUT left and right and up and down
(Gamma and Gain) is a standard feature in any package that we use.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net>wrote:

> On Monday 04 Jun 2012, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> not
> > >
> > > wouldn't the gamma slider be the equivalent of the exposure slider ?
> >
> > I was just looking at the Mari video, and they have something they call
> > "gain" which the guy explains as "exposure" and an additional gamma
> > slider.
> >
> > They also have in their "color management toolbar" an option to select
> the
> > working space profile and a separate option to select the output profile.
> >
> > The one thing I'm wondering about are those lut files. I saw that there
> > are a lot of different types, but they're not icc files as we know
> them...
> An ICC profile is basically a set of LUTs with some metadata. So what we
> probably just need is a way to convert the LUT used in Mari/Nuke into ICC
> profile. And if they use opencolorio, it is allready implemented for us.
>
> --
> Cyrille Berger Skott

Simon Legrand
http://slegrand.blogspot.com/