Planning for 2.5

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 12:42:48 UTC 2012

On 01/27/12 23:02, Enrico Guarnieri wrote:
> 2012/1/27 David Revoy <davidrevoy at gmail.com <mailto:davidrevoy at gmail.com>>
>
> @Enrico :
> I'm curious to know the effect you look for in your description "a
> brush-mixer for pulling, pushing, mixing the colors and painting at
> the same time" . Pull and Push at the same time are a bit paradoxal ,
> or I don't get it. Have you a video of the effect ? Nice wish list, by
> the way.
>
> Sorry, my bad. ^^ Obviously, pulling OR pushing AND mixing the colors
> at the same time.
> It's a bit hard to show:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/Ico_dY/ex.png
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETNJ_E_dFKQ
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqojZkFf7e0
>
> Mypaint has something similar, but doesn't "drag" and mix the colors
> together with the brush movement; so the feeling and the result are
> radically different.
Thanks for the video. Now I see better. It looks 'soft' and 'creamy'
brush. The smudge looks to be applied to the whole brush at first and
color rate to income very fast after.

I think you already tryed to make it via the setting of Krita yourself,
as I know you are talented at brush creation.
But here I tested too and obtained that as a result :
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/193/20120128screenshot01net.jpg
here is the kpp :
http://www.davidrevoy.com/XYZ/2012-01-28_semi%20wet%20brush-krita-preset.zip
Maybe it can help for the moment.

>>     • Merge visible layers, Copy visible, Open as layers. (=Gimp)
>     Open as layers => Layer > New > Insert image as layer
>     Copy visible => Edit > Copy merged
>

> Ok for "insert image as layer", thanks ^^, but after creating many
> layers "copy merged" is always grayed out for me. :-(
The last sounds like a bug :/