Planning for 2.5

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 28 10:26:45 UTC 2012

On Friday 27 January 2012 Jan, Enrico Guarnieri wrote:
> Other ideas:
>
> • Complete recording of the painting actions and replay at different speeds.

If we fail to record something, that's a bug. I'm not sure how much priority replay at different speeds should have.

> • Integration of G'Mic: http://gmic.sourceforge.net/index.shtml.

Hm... We used to have a plugin for that: http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/hacking/krita/greycstoration.comment, but I removed it when the 2.x effort started. It was hard to maintain it, and it couldn't handle the colorspaces we support without converting.

It's a powerful library, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to stick this on the todo list again.

> • Merge visible layers, Copy visible, Open as layers. (=Gimp)

Here I need a bit more detail. Could you add a bug to bugzilla and explain what's missing in Krita atm?