Release Readiness

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jan 18 17:48:10 UTC 2012

On Monday 16 Jan 2012, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > 289191  maj     filter preview broken for many filters
> >

> > There is a problem with all the filter that don't support threading.
> > These don't support filter mask, so the preview is broken. For now I
> > suggest that we turn off the preview for all non-threadable filters.
>
> Ack
Actually, I talked with Dmitry about that last Saturday, he found a bug
relative to that and fixed it. Which should already improved the situation.

That leave two types of preview bugs:
* filters that do not implement properly the neededRect function
* filters that need to know the size of the image

Both are relatively easy to fix, and I am going to try to fix as many of them as
possible before the release and during the 2.4 maintenance cycle.

Also, I think that after Dmitry's fix, the preview bugs are now mostly
artefacts on the 512 boundary, while not really nice, I think they are better
than no preview. No preview at all means the workflow is: "press ok and close
the dialog", "undo", "go back to the menu", "change the setting", "press ok
and close the dialog"....

--
Cyrille Berger Skott