Krita 2.4 beta 5 on Ubuntu 11.10 (project-neon ppa): most crashes gone

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 6 12:58:20 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Today I have upgraded my Ubuntu 11.10 system.
As usual, through the ppa "project-neon" package.
Now I run Krita beta 5 (Unity Shell).

Luckilly, most crashes concerning this specific Ubuntu package are gone.
Today, I really had en epiphany in discovering this :-)

For instance, I can rotate, downscale - upscale any image easily (no crashes whatsoever now).

There are still some threading crashes, though.

For instance:
1. Fire up no matter what image;
2. Upscale this image and, *while* Krita is doing so, try to use some other tools (e.g. the line tool).
Krita crashes because it is unable to cope with both operations.

This beins said, I am aware, thanks to the Calligra tracker  [1],  that Dmitry is working really *hard* on these threading issues :-)
It only takes a little more time and patience :-)

THANKS a lot indeed to all developers for your hard work ;-)
Krita 2.4 is going to be a great release!

Silvio

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=calligra.git&a=summary