Paintop tutorial

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:02:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Francisco Fernandes
<francisco.fernandes.j at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry for the delay, I'm back in my hometown and internet access was
> hard to get.
>
>> Hi!, I saw your question in the IRC Chat. If kritatstpaintoppaintop.so
>> is in the install directory then probably the only thing that's
>> missing is that it gets added to the UI. This generally happens when
>> you recompile without a Make Clean.
>>
>> My recommendation:
>> Go to the root directory of your krita build, do a make clean, and
>> then recompile everything  (I don't remember exactly which folder I
>> had to make clean and recompile so to be on the safe side I suggest
>> you rebuild it whole).  It should work after that.  I've stumbled
>> against that error several times when I make new paintops.
>

> I already did that, but it doesn't show . Sven told me to verify if krita is
> nothing had appeared. I put the code in the
> "kis_minimal_paintop_plugin.cpp",
> in the constructor (MinimalPaintOpPlugin::MinimalPaintOpPlugin ). Is that
> correct? Or there is another way to verify if the plugin is loading?

To detect if the paintop is loadingm it is enough to put a line
containing something like
qDebug() << "test" ;
Inside the constructor.

Try with the unmodified Minimal Paintop Plugin, it should work out of
the box, except that you must add it to the upper directory's
CMakeLists.txt. In
calligra/krita/plugins/paintops/CMakeLists.txt
You must add a line containing the name of the folder in which you
have the paintop. If the folder is called "minmalop", then you must
add this line:
add_subdirectory( minimalop )

Make sure when you add that line that the name you put in
add_subdirectory( XXXXXXXX ) matches the name of the subfolder
containing your paintop.

I suspect that part is failing because our README instructions were
completely clear.

Tell us how it goes.