Hello, Hoi, Hola, Namaste, Bonjour, Privyet!!

Shrikrishna Holla shrikrishna.holla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:11:13 UTC 2012

Hello everybody!

My name is Shrikrishna Holla, a second year BE student in PES Institute of
Technology, Bangalore, India. I have been selected in GSoC for the
project "Adding
an Infinite Canvas / Wraparound mode for
Krita<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/shrikrishna_holla/1#>".
This project would add two canvas modes. One, where the canvas will be made
infinite, so the user can paint textures of any size without stopping, and
secondly, a "Wraparound mode" for creating tileable textures where painting
strokes that go off the canvas, wrap over on the opposite side avoiding
texture seams along the edges.

My mentors for this project would be Boudewijn and Dmitry Kazakov.

I liked the project because of its innovativeness, its out-of-the-ordinary
nature, and its beauty (from a programmer's point of view). I really love
this community because of its vibrant nature, helpful members, and great
documentation (in the sources). Really looking forward to a great summer
and a wonderful future with you all! :)

PS: My apologies for being so late in introducing myself. I was very busy
last week as I was one of the organizers for a technical event
"Ayana<http://ayana.pes.edu/>"
held in my college. We had tech talks by Indian open source contributors
and a 24-hour hackathon. During the hackathon, we had live interaction
sessions from Richard M Stallman, Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto (Ruby creator)
and a video message from Bruce Perens (OSI). It was a great success, and we
have since been receiving a lot of appreciation for conducting such a novel
event in an engineering college. (The event report will be uploaded on the
site shortly)

--
Regards,
Shrikrishna