release status update

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Oct 20 19:47:57 UTC 2011

On Thursday 20 October 2011 Oct, Lukast dev wrote:
> > As far as I tested, everything else is ready :D
> > All sound good !
>
> I think it would be useful to organize some kind of a bug triagging
> and testing of Krita.
> To discover most of the bugs before the release. Not that we don't
> have bugs to fix,
> but there still might be stuff that we need to know about and there
> might be small easily fixable
> bugs we don't see interacting with Krita in known paths.
>
> One day where we would invite people who are interested and also KDE
> bug team with skilled testers  to test every corner in Krita.
> We would meet on Krita IRC and give hints to compile and then point to
> our bugzilla or just let people play.
>
> Advertised on social networks/blogs/krita website.
>
> What do you think?

Very good idea! We could make it coincide with the beta3 release -- bring out the message that now's the time for all good people to come to the aid etc. Give it a kind of urgency and so on.  Maybe we can make it a kind of global event, with our presence from India to the Americas?

We need to pick a date... I'm a bit constrained, since Saturday October 29th I am busy becoming a godfather once again, otherwise it would be the perfect date.