Crop an image

Mag. Leonhard Landrock 1977-Hamlet at gmx.at
Thu May 12 10:16:23 CEST 2011

Hi all!

I'm using Krita 2.2.1 (from my Debian Distribution).

Does Krita 2.2.1 (or any later version) support an easy way to crop an image?

I really like the way Gimp supports it. In fact Gimp has 2 ways:

1.) Two separate steps

1a.) Select an rectanle area of the image.
1b.) Select "Image" => "crop to selection".
1c.) The image gets cropped to the selected area.

2.) One combined step

2a.) Select "Tools" => "Transform Tools" => "Crop"
2b.) Select the area of the image to crop.
2c.) The image gets cropped to the selected area.

Please take a look at the Gimp manual for better understanding:
======================================

1:	http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-image-menu.html
	and
	http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-image-crop.html

2:	http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-tools-menu.html
	and
	http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-tutorial-quickie-crop.html

What I am missing is just a simple way to crop a photo to a selected area. Not
the more sophisticated options that Gimp offers (see:
http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-tool-crop.html).

BTW: I know that you are focused on painters and not photographers but maybe
you already have implemented a simple crop tool or maybe you can do it
nevertheless.  ;-)

Best regards,
Leonhard.