My Blog Data and need your ideas on Sketchbook Tagging - sri13

శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర srikanth.tulasiram at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 04:04:12 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Silvio Heinrich <plassy at web.de> wrote:

> On 06/28/2011 09:45 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 June 2011 Jun, శ్రీ కాంత్ తియ్యగూర wrote:
> >> Hi Boud,
> >> In this regard, I need your ideas about the sketch book tagging like how
> it
> >> should it look like and its functionality . . .
> > Tet's take this discussion to the mailing list. Either you are amazingly
> fast, or Qt makes it much easier to implement tagging since it took the gimp
> guy a whole summer of code... I still think we need optional saving of the
> tags to nepomuk, though, not just the gimp xml file.
> >
> > The sketchbook part was never sufficiently specified, I think, so we have
> a chance to go in depth here. This is what was in the plan:
> >
> > -------------------------------------
> >
> > III. Sketch Book Tagging Ideas:
> >
> >         People tend to work in various projects and the resources related
> to one project vary from one another. In these cases, Sketchbook tagging
> helps to change profiles i.e. set of resources easily. Sketchbook tagging is
> something like loading a profile, where all the tools and resources that
> belong to the profile tag is updated and set to have higher priority among
> resources.
> >
> > -------------------------------------
> >
> > So... Right now we've got tagging, adding and removing of all types of
> resources done, right? And Silvio is working on a kind of image browser
> where you can collect images, sketches and reference images together. That
> needs to support our tagging interface as well.
> >
> > Next up is to make it easy to collect all resources, images and reference
> images in a kind of project, we can use the tagging system for that. A kind
> of master tag selector. Maybe we can integrate that with the workspace
> system Sven has made? Then a work space can be associated with a set of
> tags, and those tags are used as the default filter for all resources?
> >

> It would be cool if you could tag  and search for reference images using
> krita.
> But if he wants to use nepomuk it maybe would be wise to not make the
> nepomuk
> stuff a hard dependency (we should be able to compile krita without
> nepomuk).
> ... I still haven't surrendered in hoping for a lightweight windows
> version of krita without
> an enormous dependency tree :)

Hi all,

     As boud suggested, I think we have to go for Nepomuk also. But, when
considering the points
1). Krita is the one which is mostly used by Gnome users
2). and as Silvio said to make krita as a lightweight version without any
hard dependency.

This makes us to opt for a system where we have both XML and Nepomuk
backends.

When we are working with KDE Environment (where dependencies is not a
problem), the user will be provided by an option where he can choose which
backend support he wants.

But in case any other environment or dependency problems, we will just use
the XML backend (which don't need much dependencies)

--
Regards
Srikanth Tiyyagura