node conversion gui

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:49:35 CEST 2011

Just some ideas.

* replace the drop-down button for creating layers and masks with a row of
> buttons in the layerbox (this also solves the very fiddly layer creation
> with a stylus we have). It adds another row of buttons, but we can affort
> that, I guess.

Yes, but drop targets should be quite big, to make the work easy. We can use
three buttons only: Selection Mask, Effect Mask,  Layer. The rest may be
chosen by a big (easy accessible) pop-up menu.

> * make the buttons drop targets for nodes from the layerbox
>
> * when a node is dropped on a button, popup a dialog asking for the
> relevant options -- perhaps also with the option to remove the original
> node.

We can use the way Dolphin works when drag-and-dropping files. The action
(Move/Copy) is defined by the modifier pressed (Shift/Ctrl). But if you
forgot to press the Modifier, the popup menu is shown (with the item, for
exiting). We could use the same modifiers as dolphin even: Shift == Move ==
delete the source layer.

--
Dmitry Kazakov