Krita 2.4 on Windows: pros and cons

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jul 20 18:04:26 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 Jul, silvio grosso wrote:
> In my  view, maybe, the perfect way to go to Windows is the "Blender way"
> You release your software for free on Windows but "in exchange" you try to get the most from it (in essence money...).
> I know it is a bit "hard" to swallow

Oh, no -- I'm perfectly fine with any (legal) way of getting Windows users to send money our way. But I think that our first target group of windows users isn't the majority of windows users, but rather those users that are curious and experimental enough to even have heard of Krita. It'll be some time before computer magazines (if they still exist? haven't checked for quite some time) package krita on their cover cd's.