About the Brush Outline

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Tue Jul 19 11:16:46 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 19 July 2011, Lukast dev wrote:
> I have solution for sketch brush: two circles will be done as outline:
> one for the size of the stroke and one dashed for the detection area
Great, the skecth brush is the reason I can't use brush outline in krita ;)

> Regarding the size it is quite complicated to show the size
> when you just hover the canvas as there is no pressure
> from tablet to show the size or better said sensors are not
> activated at all and they don't get pressure information when hovering.
When hovering, we could show two outlines, one for 0.1 pressure and the other
for 0.9 pressure. But that might become messy with complex brushes.

On the other hand, who do "precision" work with the size changing with
pressure ? Or you will have to define what is meant by precision :)

> What is other software doing with the size btw?
in gimp, it is the size at full pressure, and it does not change during
drawing. But gimp also show the tool cursor with the outline.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott