Krita on OS X Lion

Patrice patrice.kouame at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 18:27:46 CEST 2011

Hi -

I'm setting up (attempting to at least) a Kde/Krita development environment
on Lion with the latest toolchain from Xcode 4.2 beta 3(superset of Lion
toolchain Xcode 4.1 with llvm 3 etc...).  Need a little help getting past
the installation hurdle and in return will share and contribute my
experiences on this bleeding edge platform:

NOTE:
- I have a fully operational  qt-kde up and running (all tools in bin run
fine)
- built kdesupport, base runtime and kdelibs according to instructions on
support sites with success.
- launched dbus (system and session)
- before I build Calligra Creative decided to try some pure KDE apps like
kate and konsole without success.
- I am avoiding DYLD_LIBRARY settings as it is not a very good idea on Mac
and settling for DYLD_FALLBACK... Now at least kbuildsycoca4 and others find
their libraries (especially attica and dbusmenuqt)
- I had to build qt with dubs-linked to avoid the "missing libdbus-1" error
- I meet all of the Krita and Karbon requirements (eigen, lcms ,exiv2 and
qimageblitz )
- I'm using build scripts as advised in techbase/kde.org pages

Questions:
- I am building everything from git "master" branches.  Should I be pointing
to a more appropriate branch?
- Is kdeinit necessary ?  Especially if my interest is purely in running
Krita and Karbon
- There is talk of dbus incompatibilities and "special" dbus ports for kde.
 I installed the latest libdbus-1 from macports.  Am I ok?
- Some start dbus via dbus-launch?  Which is the best way to start dbus on
the mac.  The system bus is auto-launched for me correctly.
-  Can someone with a "working" OS X (SL at least) Krita development
environment share their setup ?

Thanks in advance,  Patrice