bugs found when painting

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Sat Jul 16 20:21:52 CEST 2011

Am 14.07.2011 19:41, schrieb Cyrille Berger Skott:
> On Thursday 14 July 2011, Silvio Heinrich wrote:
>> 1. The original intention to have the name of the last loaded preset in
>> the edit field was to get a fast work flow with the presets. It's maybe
>> not obvious anymore because the most people here already have the
>> presets they normally work with but any newcomer who wants to create his
>> own presets will likely work like this:
>> load a preset -> paint a bit -> adjust the preset settings a bit -> save
>> preset -> paint a bit -> adjust the preset settings a bit -> save preset
>> -> paint a bit -> and so on -> and so on.
>> When the name is cleared every time while painting it is likely to slow
>> down the workflow and annoy the user because he has to retype the name
>> again all the time (especially annoying with long names).
>
> Could this be solved by having auto completion in the name field ? And
> possibely a drop-down with the history of used names ?
Hmm... this maybe could work.

>> 2. Kind of the same problem for the scratch pad plus one addition. It is
>> a lot harder to make icons for the presets now. For example if you want
>> to make a preset for an other paintop as the pixel brush and want to
>> write something something in the box it was possible to switch to the
>> pixel brush write in the box and go back to the paintop you wanted to
>> save and save it. This don't work anymore because the scratchpad is
>> cleared.
>
> What about adding a toggle-button (with like a pen), that when is pressed,
> replace the current paintop with a circular brush which allow to draw ? (I am
> actually unsure if I like the idea, but on the other hand the workflow you
> described seems a bit like a hack...)

Yes it is a hack but the only way to do it right now.
To paint good icons for the presets the user will need kritas full
feature set anyway. I think the best would be to let the user paint the
icon on the canvas and we should provide some functionality to load a
selected region of the canvas inside the icon box of the scratch pad.