bugs found when painting

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Thu Jul 14 19:41:50 CEST 2011

On Thursday 14 July 2011, Silvio Heinrich wrote:
> 1. The original intention to have the name of the last loaded preset in
> the edit field was to get a fast work flow with the presets. It's maybe
> not obvious anymore because the most people here already have the
> presets they normally work with but any newcomer who wants to create his
> own presets will likely work like this:
> load a preset -> paint a bit -> adjust the preset settings a bit -> save
> preset -> paint a bit -> adjust the preset settings a bit -> save preset
> -> paint a bit -> and so on -> and so on.
> When the name is cleared every time while painting it is likely to slow
> down the workflow and annoy the user because he has to retype the name
> again all the time (especially annoying with long names).

Could this be solved by having auto completion in the name field ? And
possibely a drop-down with the history of used names ?

> 2. Kind of the same problem for the scratch pad plus one addition. It is
> a lot harder to make icons for the presets now. For example if you want
> to make a preset for an other paintop as the pixel brush and want to
> write something something in the box it was possible to switch to the
> pixel brush write in the box and go back to the paintop you wanted to
> save and save it. This don't work anymore because the scratchpad is
> cleared.

What about adding a toggle-button (with like a pen), that when is pressed,
replace the current paintop with a circular brush which allow to draw ? (I am
actually unsure if I like the idea, but on the other hand the workflow you
described seems a bit like a hack...)

--
Cyrille Berger Skott