bugs found when painting

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Thu Jul 14 02:17:53 CEST 2011

On 07/13/2011 04:30 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> * the preset name edit field is always red, which is scary
The red is supposed to indicate that this preset name already exists and
you will overwrite the preset when you save it.

> * there should be a confirmation for deleting a paintop
We only need a confirmation if the delete button will stay inside the
preset boxes.
Its a bit to easy to accidentally click on it when you select a preset,
for my taste :D.
If it where somewhere else it wouldn't be a problem.

> * still too easy to paint on a locked layer* with the color smudge brush, I saw the missing tiles bug. Since this bug has always been reported for the color smudge brush, I suspect it's something in there. See http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/krita_hole.png
> * with the color smudge brush, I saw the missing tiles bug. Since this bug has always been reported for the color smudge brush, I suspect it's something in there. See http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/krita_hole.png
I need to reprogram the colorsmudge Brush from ground up again anyway.
It has some alpha bugs that I can only get rid of if the "Stroke
Framework" dimitry is doing,
works as I expect it to work :)
I cannot use the projection to do the overlay mode because this
introduces the bugs.
And I want to make it work with flow and opacity, too.

> * I couldn't get the color smudge to smudge only the current layer; disabling the overlay mode seemed to break the brush
Hmm... It works for me.

> * it's really, really hard to get a good, sharp eraser. Just switching the end of the stylus doesn't cut it anymore.
I don't know what you mean? Why don't you simply use a sharp eraser preset?